Applications Open April 1 for $297 Million to Meet Housing and Infrastructure Needs Following 2022 Floods

The Department of Local Government (DLG) will begin accepting applications on April 1 for funding from Kentucky’s Disaster Recovery Program to help communities affected by the 2022 flooding.

Applications are being accepted for projects addressing housing, infrastructure, economic development, and resiliency planning from the nearly $298 million allocated to Kentucky by the federal government to respond to the floods.

Under the Disaster Recovery Program, the five counties most affected by the 2022 floods—Breathitt, Letcher, Knott, Perry, and Pike— will receive 80% of the funding. The other 20% will help an additional 15 counties impacted by the floods.

Those additional counties include Casey, Clay, Cumberland, Floyd, Harlan, Johnson, Lee, Leslie, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Powell, Whitley, and Wolf.

Applications can be completed by eligible cities, counties, nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and other governmental entities.

Applications will be available on the DLG’s website starting April 1. Questions about the program can be sent to [email protected].